Job Location: Manassas, VA
Job StartDate: Immediate
Job Schedule: Full Time
As an Engineer, you will be fully responsible for the application engineering of tower cranes. A successful candidate will be able to develop application solutions for tower cranes to meet predefined configurations and needs of our customers, design foundations, and prepare layout plans for jobsites. You would be responsible for developing our Engineering Department’s capabilities further as we continue to expand. The chance to do something meaningful, to challenge yourself, to be a part of change in an industry, and to influence change, does not come around every day.
This position will have an embedment period, with the employee spending the first 4-6 months at our specialist partner firm in Virginia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of technical documentation for application engineering including preparing angular pressure statements, foundation loads, installation plans, site layouts, risk analysis.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Manage the planning and technical support of engineering operations including ensuring quality standards, ensuring development is up to date with current crane construction standards, managing the maintenance of the technical construction file, and actively contributing solutions for problems or improvements.
- Review and approve repair and climbing procedures.
- Drawing up of technical shortcomings, documentation for the assembly of cranes, and crane loads.
- Execution of design assignments.
- Studying sketches, drawings of the clients, collecting the missing data and providing advice on best execution methods to support the client in the development of the concept.
- Implement Product Improvement Plans.
- Managing employees to maximize motivation and returns. Monitoring the quality within the team to achieve the predetermined quality standards.
- Communication with external services to ensure successful information transfer.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Ability to obtain NCEES PE status in the States in which P&J Arcomet operates.
- Previous FEM/CAD/ experience.
- Ability to use structural analysis and design software.
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills with a demonstrated ability to follow-through and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Superior computer skills.
Who We Are
At P&J, we have developed a strong niche in providing our clients with highly responsible, personalized engineering and technical suite of services. We are passionate about what we do and we are equally passionate about how we do it. We encourage you to learn more about who we are and what we do.
What We Offer
- Permanent, full-time employment in historic Manassas, Virginia.
- Excellent health insurance with 75% employer-paid medical, vision, and dental for you and 50% for your family.
- 401(k) plan with a company matching plan.
- Various life and disability programs that are employer-paid and voluntary.
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays.
- Salary will be commensurable based upon experience. Salary is subject to increase upon achievement of charter status in prescribed States.
- Apply and complete all supplemental questions.
- Attach resume and cover letter.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employees. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.